Get a comprehensive report on your oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA and Cortisol levels.
The DUTCH test, tests your reproductive and adrenal hormones as well as melatonin and oxidative stress. No blood to draw, spitting in tubes or filling up jugs of urine. The DUTCH test uses a dried urine collection process that is great for baseline measurements of women with hormonal imbalances and for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) monitoring. Once receiving the results of your DUTCH test, you can work with your medical professional to achieve optimum hormone balance.
The report will give you all the ranges: premenopausal; perimenopausal; menopausal; post-menopausal and where you are within these. The DUTCH dials in the report give you a quick and easy evaluation of which hormones are out of range:
- Progesterone prepares the endometrium of the uterus for implantation, may balance the effects of oestrogen, is a neurosteroid, acts as a diuretic and raises basal body temperature
- In some women the 5a-pregnanediol is also the cause of PMDD and irritability due to issues with the GABA receptor’s inability to adjust for sensitivity to fluctuating neurosteroids (Dr Briden)
- Androgens, specifically DHT and testosterone, help to support skin, connective tissue, bone and muscle integrity and promote dopamine conversion in the brain, which can help with mood and libido
- Adrenal DHEA serves as the main source of oestrogen, progesterone and testosterone for post-menopausal women
- Compares cortisol and cortisone levels
- Neurotransmitter metabolites: Homovanillate (HVA) the primary metabolite of dopamine and Vanilmandelate (VMA) is the primary metabolite of norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline)
- 8-OHdG (8-Hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine) is a marker for estimating DNA damage due to oxidative stress (from ROS creation). 8-OHdG is considered pro-mutagenic and is a biomarker for various cancer and degenerative disease initiation and promotion states. It can be increased by chronic inflammation, increased cell turnover,
This advanced hormone testing was developed to improve on available hormone testing options.
DUTCH offers the most extensive profile of sex and adrenal hormones along with their
metabolites. Additionally, the daily (diurnal) pattern of free cortisol is included, along with melatonin
(6-OHMS), 8-OHdG, and six organic acids. This unique combination of clinical information is not
available by any other method.